Contract/Employment dependent on location/jurisdiction
(Full Time - 100% Remote Work)
Time Zone: Between CET
Language: English Fluency
This opportunity is in a rapidly growing, disruptive global tech startup with room for growth.
Holochain is our new open-source framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost-effective, resource-efficient, and energy-efficient.
Holo, which is built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo brings access to distributed applications to the familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers. We are a funded startup releasing Alpha to customers and preparing for our Beta launch.
With Holo, we envision a world where people own their own data and control their identity and privacy, a world where communities create together with patterns and tech designed to maximise individual, social and environmental well-being. We aim to make distributed peer-to-peer computing accessible to everyone.
Where you will fit in:
As a Senior Test Engineer for Holo, you will work directly with the QA and Delivery manager to test products and features of the technical layers of Holochain as well as the Holo distributed hosting network and Holo hosting applications. We are looking for a senior test engineer who is comfortable doing both manual and automated testing and has experience building test automation from scratch.
- Work directly with QA and Delivery manager to implement and maintain automated testing frameworks and test scripts.
- Review requirements and technical design documents to develop test plans and test cases
- Test planning, documentation and testing of the integrated software platform
- Writing test automations
- Document defects and known issues
- Reporting defects in correct context
- Execute on test plans and be able to ask questions
- Troubleshooting with the team
- At least 5 years of experience performing manual QA testing and writing test cases
- At least 2 years of test automation experience
- Experience setting up and maintaining automated testing frameworks - Cypress, Playwright, Selenium Webdriver/Grid, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux, NixOS, Cloudflare, ZeroTier, and MongoDB a plus.
- Knowledge of P2P network testing a plus.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written); ability to communicate technical information across departments.
- Demonstrated critical thinking
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies desired
- Strong desire to expand your knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and the deliverable created during the development lifecycle
- Familiar with DevOps work and networking
- Familiar with distributed testing and systems
- Orientation and track record for delivering results
- Coachable and trainable
- Passion and drive to learn and grow
- Self-generative and oriented to work both solo and collaboratively
- Motivation for personal growth driven by self-awareness
Some details about what we offer:
- Market salary (National Currency)
- Crypto Pay Program (HoloFuel / HOT)
- Supportive introductory period
- Regular team meetings (remote/video)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal-opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.