Initial Short Term Contract to Permanent Employment (depends on jurisdiction)
100% Remote working
Holo is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace that enables the hosting of peer-to-peer applications by everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo is an app built on Holochain, our new open source, framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is lightning fast, massively scalable, cost effective, resource efficient, and eco-friendly.
To help fuel the growth of new patterns of technology and social interaction, we are also seeding the growth of a Holochain application (hApp) ecosystem and training a developer community that will build many more apps.
Where you will fit in:
We are looking for a extremely proactive energizing person who can be both supportive and a driver toward success for extremely busy and opinionated people. You will touch all of the development teams in Holo/Holochain and gain a deeper understanding of what Holo and Holochain are enabling in the world.
What your specific role will entail:
- Play as a core team member to deliver Holochain through Alpha to Production, architecting and implement a highly complex distributed systems, that includes “full-stack” compontents: back-end, front-end, networking, database, services, etc.
- Write high quality Rust code and review other’s code in a collaborative context
- Capacity to contextualize and share intent for your code, designs and problems during the development cycle to create a collective understanding and ownership of our codebase
- Integrate high quality documentation into code such that it’s publication ready for the API docs
- Adhere to and enjoy test-driven-development such that we never drop below our code-coverage standards
- Be co-creator of evolving team agile development processes for the complex world of a distributed and remote global team
What you'll need:
- Strong proficiency in Rust development. Must have a good base understanding of its fundamentals and best practices and have the passion and curiosity to for it, such that we maximize our use of it in the context of Holochain
- Broad understanding of computer-science and software development principles and practices suitable for senior level contribution in an exceptionally complex project
- Understanding of the difficulties and problems of distributed computing
- Deep knowledge of networking principles and protocols
- Strong written communication skills are critical because of our distributed team
- Knowledge in data synchronization, identity management, and data processing frameworks
- Comfort and knowledge of advanced cryptographic techniques and security protocols would be a bonus
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules
- Ease and familiarity in coordinating distributed work using git & Github in a Continuous Integration context
- Able to quickly learn and contribute in a fast-paced remote distributed working environment, sharing knowledge and seeking feedback
Some details about what we offer:
- Generous salary (National Currency)
- Generous bonus program (HOT & Holo fuel)
- Supportive team trial period
- Regular team meetings (video and in person)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.