Contract/Employment dependent on location/jurisdiction
(Full Time - 100% Remote Work)
Holochain is our new open source framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost effective, resource efficient, and energy efficient. As an open source project Holochain has no business model.
Holo, which is built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo brings access to distributed applications to the familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers.
To help fuel the growth of new patterns of technology and social interaction, we are fostering a Holochain application (hApp) ecosystem and training a developer community that will build many more apps.
You’d be working for Holo, and supporting the growth of both the Holo and Holochain communities.
Where you will fit in:
We are looking for an extremely proactive energizing person who can be both supportive and a driver toward success. You will coordinate with development teams in Holo as the Product owner for hApp infrastructure and hApp development in support of our Holo launch. Through this you will gain a deep understanding of what Holochain is enabling in the world.
What you will do:
- Ensure that the dev team goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives by creating and updating user stories and supporting cross pollination
- Support daily technical coordination with our dev team to ensure that team is clear about priorities and dependencies
- Coordinate business and technical requirements, prioritisations, and timelines between our hApps dev team and downstream teams to ensure priorities match needs. This includes working with the team on developing schedules and understanding the critical path and best practices in front-end architecture
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality - own issue resolution, and recommend corrective actions & implement changes
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Collaborate with stakeholders to manage expectations, provide timely communication and resolve conflicts in support of driving successful delivery of releases
- Support dev team as a pair coding partner as time permits
- Coordinate with QA and Delivery to plan and align all non-dev release activities
- Work with devops to improve and ensure reliable automations, releases, and dashboards
- Provide hands-on detail work - ie. making sure README's are updated, etc.
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of product owner, scrum master and/or technical project management experience, (prefer app development, SaaS, IoT, OS or other complex software system)
- 8+ years of experience in software development and/or systems analysis
- Previous experience as a hands-on technical contributor or engineering
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile development methodologies and their associated quality assurance methods
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the software development lifecycle
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience with distributed system design and understanding of the difficulties and problems of distributed computing strongly preferred
- Experience building products that integrate multiple systems maintained by different teams
- Formal training in agile project management practices preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Broad understanding of computer-science and software development principles and practices suitable for senior level contribution in an exceptionally complex project
- Knowledge of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design and development approaches are a must
- Important: Apollo
- Preferred: Rust, Webpack
- Knowledge of networking principles and protocols are preferred
- Knowledge of and comfort with advanced cryptographic techniques and security protocols would be a bonus
- Ease and familiarity in coordinating distributed work using git & Github in a Continuous Integration context
- Able to quickly learn and contribute in a fast-paced remote distributed working environment, sharing knowledge and seeking feedback
- Comfort and experience with remote team operations is a must
Some details about what we offer:
- Generous salary (National Currency)
- Generous crypto pay program (HOT & Holo fuel)
- Supportive team trial period
- Regular team meetings (video)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.