(Full Time - 100% Remote Work)
Time Zone: Must be able to work during Europe and US times
Language: English Fluency
This opportunity is in a rapidly growing, disruptive global tech-startup.
Holochain is our new open source framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost effective, resource efficient, and energy efficient.
Holo, which is built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo brings access to distributed applications to the familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers.
With Holo, we envision a world where people own their own data and control their identity and privacy, a world where communities create together with patterns and tech designed to maximise individual, social and environmental well-being. Our aim is to make distributed peer-to-peer computing accessible to everyone.
Where you will fit in:
We are looking for an extremely proactive energizing person who can be both supportive and a driver toward success. You will primarily support the Holochain team which is building our open-source distributed application framework. You will work as the Product Owner / PM enabling the team to work efficiently towards the business needs defined by the Holo team and the broader ecosystem community of devs. This role requires someone who can hold high level to low level information, and who is a systems thinker. This person must be responsive to people's needs and should bring or develop an understanding and commitment to open source community development.
What you will do:
- Ensure that the dev team goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives
- Support daily technical coordination with our dev team to ensure that team is clear about priorities and dependencies
- Encourage and synchronize with open source community activities based on organization objectives
- Coordinate business and technical requirements, prioritisations, and timelines between our Holochain Core dev team and downstream teams to ensure priorities match needs. This includes developing schedules and understanding the critical path
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality - own issue resolution, and recommend corrective actions & implement changes.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Collaborate with stakeholders to manage expectations, provide timely communication and resolve conflicts in support of driving successful delivery of releases
- Define and develop detailed project plans based on the given requirements and scopes
- Be a team lead for Holochain, inclusive of the sense making for team needs and the growth of individuals
- Coordinate with QA and Delivery to plan and align all non-dev release activities
- Support process improvements in the release process
- Work with devops to improve and ensure reliable automations, releases, and dashboards
- Provide hands-on detail work - ie. making sure README's are updated, etc.
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of product owner, scrum master and/or technical project management experience, (prefer Telecom, IoT, OS or other complex software system)
- 8+ years of experience in software business and systems analysis or development
- Experience in Open Source team coordination
- Previous experience as a hands-on technical contributor or engineering
- Proven ability to coordinate with open source community activity
- Familiarity with distributed system design and understanding of the difficulties and problems of distributed computing strongly preferred
- Knowledge of statically typed programming language strongly preferred
- Formal training in agile project management practices preferred
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile development methodologies and their associated quality assurance methods.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Broad understanding of computer-science and software development principles and practices suitable for senior level contribution in an exceptionally complex project
- Knowledge of networking principles and protocols preferred
- Comfort and knowledge of advanced cryptographic techniques and security protocols would be a bonus
- Ease and familiarity in coordinating distributed work using git & Github in a Continuous Integration context
- Able to quickly learn and contribute in a fast-paced remote distributed working environment, sharing knowledge and seeking feedback
- Comfort and experience with remote team operations is a must
Some details about what we offer:
- Generous salary (National Currency)
- Generous Bonus Program (HoloFuel)
- Supportive introductory period
- Regular team meetings (video)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.