(Full Time - 100% Remote Work)
Time Zone: Must be able to work during Europe and US times
Language: English Fluency
This opportunity is in a rapidly growing, disruptive global tech-startup.
Holochain is our new open source framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost effective, resource efficient, and energy efficient.
Holo, which is built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo brings access to distributed applications to the familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers.
With Holo, we envision a world where people own their own data and control their identity and privacy, a world where communities create together with patterns and tech designed to maximise individual, social and environmental well-being. Our aim is to make distributed peer-to-peer computing accessible to everyone.
Where you will fit in:
For optimum success in this role, it will be essential for you to: be a fast learner and integrator; be proactive and energised; have a balance of task and people orientation; be an effective communicator both orally and written; be able to break down complex communication and data, and deliver out of this world clarity and inspiration to development teams and other stakeholders.
- Project/Product Planning and Scoping - work with product leadership to plan product delivery at the portfolio level
- Ensure that dev team goals are clear and the technical solutions are aligned with business objectives by prioritising and preparing user stories with acceptance criteria and then facilitating team processes for solution development and work breakdown
- Support daily technical coordination with HC dev team and the interfaces to other teams that to ensure ongoing clarity and alignment of priorities and dependencies
- Support and facilitate a relatively self directed team - provide sensemaking, listening, coaching and organisation to meet needs of the humans on the team to be inspired and effective while balancing with delivery goals
- Coordinate input and feedback downstream product teams and open-source community stakeholders to continually prioritize the backlog and ensure the product is meeting the short term, medium term and long term needs
- Guide improvements of process controls for dev team and contribute to larger product domain processes in an effort to iterate and improve the organisations capacity for delivering reliable high quality products
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality - own issue resolution, and recommend corrective actions & implement changes.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Collaborate with internal and open-source community stakeholders to manage expectations, provide timely communication and resolve conflicts in support of driving successful delivery of releases
- Support product dev testing through all paces to ensure readiness for delivery
Needed Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of software development management, product owner and/or technical project management experience with agile methodologies (prefer Telecom, IoT, OS or other complex software system)
- 8+ years of experience in software business and systems analysis or development
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills with ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Ease and familiarity in coordinating distributed work using git & Github in a Continuous Integration context
- Able to quickly learn and contribute in a fast-paced remote distributed working environment, sharing knowledge and seeking feedback
- Comfort and experience with remote team operations is a must
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
Desired Background or Capacities:
- Familiarity with distributed system design and understanding of the difficulties and problems of distributed computing strongly preferred
- Broad understanding of computer-science and software development principles and practices suitable for senior level contribution in an exceptionally complex project
- Knowledge of networking principles and protocols preferred
- Comfort and knowledge of advanced cryptographic techniques and security protocols would be a bonus
Some details about what we offer:
- Market salary (National Currency)
- Crypto Pay Program (HoloFuel)
- Supportive introductory period
- Regular team meetings (remote/video)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
- Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.
Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.