Time Zone: UK or EU TimeZones
Language: English Fluency
This opportunity is in a rapidly growing, disruptive global tech startup.
What we are looking for:
You should have a passion for building cutting-edge products and an orientation to win as a team. We’re looking for someone with deep experience building applications using Rust or similar strongly typed languages. You should be able to both develop solutions independently and together with distributed teams using modern software development and agile methodologies.
The perfect candidate will have modern development experience and build strategies, including microservices, containers, lambdas, CI/CD, unit testing, test-driven development, static analysis, automated integration tests, refactoring, etc.
What you will do:
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code for distributed Holochain applications and hosting infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues across all layers of applications and networks and coordinate with across the teams for necessary updates to infrastructure and dependencies
- Participate in an agile development cycle where we all take responsibility as a team and act independently
- Build out industrial strength test-driven solutions/code
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Test, debug, and deploy programs and applications
- Work in a design-centric environment
- Participate in best practices for documentation and agile process
- Excellent and direct communication is a must
- C/C++/Go/Rust experience or similar systems programming experience - 4-6 years
- Mastery of CI frameworks and tools, including Github Actions, Circle CI
- Front-end mastery - HTML, CSS, JS, and JS frameworks such as Svelte, Lit, Vue, React are familiar and fun to work with for you
- Experience developing with Holochain or applications running on a distributed infrastructure
- Knowledge and regular application of secure coding practices
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- An orientation to Test-Driven development
- Understanding of Blockchain technology - Nice-to-have
Some details about what we offer:
- Market salary (National Currency)
- RewardsProgram (HoloFuel)
- Supportive introductory period
- Regular team meetings (remote/video)
- Occasional Team travel 1-2x per year
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Holochain is our open source framework for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost-effective, resource-efficient, and energy efficient.
Holo, which is built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo brings access to distributed applications to the familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers.
With Holo, we envision a world where people own their own data and control their identity and privacy, a world where communities create together with patterns and tech designed to maximise individual, social and environmental well-being. Our aim is to make distributed peer-to-peer computing accessible to everyone.
Holo and Holochain are committed to and celebrate creating a diverse creative and collaborative global team.