Short term contract - 4-6 months with possibility of extension
(Full Time - 100% Remote Work)
Time Zone: Between ET and CET
Language: English Fluency
This opportunity is in a rapidly growing, disruptive global tech-startup with room for growth.
Holochain is our new open-source framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost-effective, resource-efficient, and energy efficient.
Holo, which is built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo brings access to distributed applications to the familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers. We are a funded startup releasing Alpha to customers and preparing for our Beta launch.
With Holo, we envision a world where people own their own data and control their identity and privacy, a world where communities create together with patterns and tech designed to maximize individual, social and environmental well-being. Our aim is to make distributed peer-to-peer computing accessible to everyone.
Where you will fit in:
The ideal person for this role has designed and developed high-quality front-end user interfaces for a variety of web applications. You should enjoy figuring out how to make innovative features work well for end-users in a variety of browser and mobile contexts. You should be familiar with innovative DWeb and Web 3.0 ideas and have the drive to explore uncharted and rapidly evolving p2p open source technology. You are passionate about creating beautiful and pixel-perfect honed web apps with deeply satisfying UX.
In this role, you will research, design, create and deploy web apps that have an appealing user experience. Your work will include designing and updating web apps that will showcase the Holochain framework capabilities. You are someone who thrives in a collaborative and cross-functional team of software engineers, architects, project managers as well as other Holo/Holochain teams and open source community developers. You should be comfortable working on a globally scattered (thus timezone aware) and evolving team. You must be self-generative and able to work independently but open to instruction from tech architects and founders.
- A portfolio of well designed webApps they have personally designed and built
Must-have Technical skills:
- Single-page web-app development using reactive patterns (preferably Svelte/Vue)
- Node/npm/rollup toolchain
- Familiar with using Web-components (lit-element)
- Ability to learn new tech fast, i.e. doesn’t have to know Holochain, but must be able to absorb it quickly
- Interested in decentralized tech
- Ability to jump in and maintain/improve existing apps as well as create new ones from scratch
Good-to-have Tech Skills:
- Experience with multi-platform web-app packagers: Electron/Tauri
- Holochain hApp development
- Rust (so as to be able to read Holochain DNAs etc)
- Nix - At the very least comfortable getting around in Linux
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in full stack web development.
Some details about what we offer:
- Market salary (National Currency)
- Crypto Pay Program (HoloFuel)
- Supportive introductory period
- Regular team meetings (remote/video)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.