Contract/Employment dependent on location/jurisdiction
(Full Time - 100% Remote Work)
Holochain is our new open source framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost effective, resource efficient, and energy efficient.
Holochain is NOT a blockchain. It is a new approach somewhere between bittorrent and a distributed key value store designed for application development.
We have built out the key infrastructure over the past year and need help demonstrating the correctness and scalability of the code that we have written through automated testing and QA. That’s where you come in!
Holo, which is both a company and product/platform built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected via the World Wide Web. Holo enables access to distributed applications via a familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers.
With Holo, we envision a world where people own their own data and control their identity and privacy, a world where communities create together with patterns and tech designed to maximise individual, social and environmental well-being. Our aim is to make distributed peer-to-peer computing accessible to everyone.
What you will do:
- Define, develop and implement process, strategy and practices related to test automation
- Work with DevOps and Integration teams to setup and tune release automation
- Support developer teams for Holo & Holochain releases
- Perform exploratory testing, manual testing, performance testing, negative testing, compatibility testing
- Provide visibility and clarity about Holo & Holochain technical usability
- Contribute to the design, development and refinement of our continuous integration testing environment
- Knowledge of Rust compilation or experience with optimisation of similar compilers.
- Experience in or commitment to use the Nix toolkit.
- Ability to demonstrate correctness of highly concurrent and/or distributed systems across shifting network topologies
- +5 years of experience in automated test development.
- Experience deploying across a range of target platforms including Linux, macOS, and Windows. Bonus points for iOS and Android deployment experience.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools and their integration with GitHub.
- Exceptional communication — can convey information and instructions in a clear, concise manner
- Self-directed and self-generative — is able to go beyond the call of duty, make decisions that are creative and strategic and can move things forward easily, even when processes or changes are in flux
- Loves to learn — keeps up with industry best practices on behalf of DevOps and all dev teams
- Relatable — someone who inspires trust and confidence in others
- Comfort and experience with remote team operations.
Some details about what we offer:
- Generous salary (National Currency)
- Generous crypto pay program (HOT & Holo fuel)
- Supportive team trial period
- Regular team meetings (video and in person)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged, and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.