Contract/Employment dependent on location/jurisdiction
(Full Time - 100% Remote Work)
Time Zone: Between CT and GMT. Preference for ET
Language: English Fluency
This opportunity is in a rapidly growing, disruptive global tech-startup with room for growth.
Holochain is our new open-source framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost-effective, resource-efficient, and energy-efficient.
Holo, which is built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo brings access to distributed applications to the familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers. We are a funded startup releasing Alpha to customers and preparing for our Beta launch.
With Holo, we envision a world where people own their own data and control their identity and privacy, a world where communities create together with patterns and tech designed to maximise individual, social and environmental well-being. Our aim is to make distributed peer-to-peer computing accessible to everyone.
Where you will fit in:
Holo products are deployed across a mix of distributed servers (HoloPorts) operated by our community, and traditional cloud hosting providers. You will be responsible for both managing this infrastructure and for building tools to allow our customers to manage it themselves. The majority of our infrastructure runs on the NixOS flavour of Linux.
This is a unique opportunity for a sysadmin role with scope for creativity and direct external customer impact.
- Ensuring that our centralised infrastructure is set up and running smoothly
- Improving dev deployment and testing cycle times
- Improving the user experience for the customers that provide our distributed infrastructure (HoloPort owners)
- Supporting developers in deploying components/features to our infrastructure
- Deploying and configuring NixOS servers
- Periodic reviews of infrastructure resilience needs and setupple operating systems
- Define and set up resiliency measures as necessary - human and automated processes, alerts, etc.
- Writing and deploying command line tools to simplify Holoport debugging and management
- Writing and deploying systemd services to simplify and automate Holoport management
- Collaborating with developers in writing and deploying Holo products/components onto Holoports
- Auditing NixOs features with help of NixOS tests
- Participating in agile team rituals (e.g. standups)
- Good knowledge of Linux and Linux tools e.g. systemd, user profiles, permissions
- Good knowledge of NixOS, and nix expressions
- Working knowledge of configuring and maintaining NixOS Hydra build server
- Knowledge of SysAdmin best practices in a startup environment
- Curiosity to play and experiment with new tools and skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and changing goals
- Pragmatism to balance best practice with organisational maturity
- Initiative to be self-directed in a distributed, minimal-hierarchy environment
- Ability to communicate clearly on complex technical issues
Some details about what we offer:
- Market salary (National Currency)
- Crypto Pay Program (HoloFuel)
- Supportive introductory period
- Regular team meetings (remote/video)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.