Contract/Employment dependent on location/jurisdiction
(Full Time - 100% Remote Work)
Time Zone: Between ET and CET
Language: English Fluency
This opportunity is in a rapidly growing, disruptive global tech-startup with room for growth.
Holochain is our new open source framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost effective, resource efficient, and energy efficient.
Holo, which is built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo brings access to distributed applications to the familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers. We are a funded startup releasing Alpha to customers and preparing for our Beta launch.
With Holo, we envision a world where people own their own data and control their identity and privacy, a world where communities create together with patterns and tech designed to maximise individual, social and environmental well-being. Our aim is to make distributed peer-to-peer computing accessible to everyone.
Where you will fit in:
The ideal developer for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring uncharted and rapidly evolving p2p open source technology.
In this role, you will develop, maintain, document, and debug test apps for new and existing APIs/SDKs. You will support a team that is building the core foundational framework of Holochain. Your work will include developing and updating apps that will test usability of core functionality and you will evaluate, document and provide feedback for the new features/APIs. You are someone who thrives in a collaborative and cross-functional team of software engineers, architects, project managers as well as other Holo/Holochain teams and open source community developers.
- Be the “first user” of each Holochain release to ensure all functions work as expected.
- Perform exploratory testing, manual testing, performance testing, negative testing, compatibility testing for new features and releases of Holochain
- Work with product owner and developers to provide feedback and produce bug reports
- Document changes to SDK and API and work with developer communications team to ensure downstream documentation is updated
- Work with DevOps, developer and integration teams tune release automation
- Manage Holochain’s Github issues from the community and bridge them with our agile project management system.
- Automate and update test apps to latest pre-release versions of framework to run the HDK through its paces
- Participate with Holo team for troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis of reported issues and bugs
- Review and respond to Github issues submitted by community developers
- Test Holochain releases across multiple operating systems
Needed Qualities, Skills or Experience:
- Experience building p2p applications on Holochain preferred
- Experience with SDK/API testing
- Ability to simplify complex technical systems in written form, as well as visually, through diagrams
- Genuine interest in distributed technologies
- Strong grasp of technical concepts, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Familiar with developing and testing using multiple operating systems
- Self-directed and self-generative — is able to go beyond the call of duty, make decisions that are creative and strategic and can move things forward easily, even when processes or changes are in flux
- Loves to learn — keeps up with industry best practices on behalf of DevOps and all dev teams
- Experience writing concise technical documentation, guides, how to's, developer documentation, and sample code
Some details about what we offer:
- Market salary (National Currency)
- Crypto Pay Program (HoloFuel)
- Supportive introductory period
- Regular team meetings (remote/video)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.